Collect feedback from your audience, convert visitors into leads and offer promotions with Tally's beautiful popup forms. It’s free, up and running in seconds, and connects to all your favorite tools.
Popup forms are available for free to all Tally users
Start by creating a form and publishing it. You can start from scratch or choose one of our pre-made templates.
Publishyour form, go to the
Sharetab and click
The configuration panel lets you edit your popup, and on the right you will get a preview of how your popup will look like.
If you close the embed panel before copying the code, you will lose your embed settings. When you change popup options, you always need to click Get the code to get the latest version.
Choose when you want your popup form to appear on your site.
- On page load: the form will appear immediately when the page opens.
- After elapsed time: the form will appear after a specified amount of seconds.
- On exit intent: the form will appear when the visitor moves their cursor to the top bar of the browser window (not supported on mobile).
- On scroll: the form will appear when the visitor has scrolled a specified % down the page.
- On button click: the form will appear when a visitor clicks a button on your website.
Opening the popup on exit intent is not supported on mobile devices.
Choose whether to display your popup in the center of your website or in the bottom right corner.
You can change the width of the popup by adding the desired width in pixels.
You can choose to hide the form title in your popup.
Use this option when you want to align the content of your popup to the left. This is especially useful when you increase the width of your form.
Add a dark overlay on top of the content of your website to increase the visibility of your popup.
Add an emoji attention seeker to your popup, and choose from our list of animations. Just type an emoji, and check the preview to see the animation in action.
Hide the popup when a respondent has submitted your popup form. You can decided when the popup should close after clicking the closing button. If you want the popup to close immediately after form submission, choose 0 seconds.
You can change the color of your form background, text, buttons and accents (links, selected options and focussed inputs). Read more about Tally’s customization options here.
Tally Pro users can also customize forms by code injection.
- Then paste your custom domain form URL in the
Get the codeand copy the embed code.
- Paste the copied snippet below in your site's head or body HTML code.
When opening your popup on a button click, you need to instruct the Tally snippet to open the popup when clicking on a specific button. This requires an extra step:
- Copy and paste the snippet into your website's HTML code.
- Add the custom `data-tally` attributes to the button or any other clickable element.
or 2. Alternatively, if you cannot modify the button's HTML, you can open the popup by adding a link with a custom URL hash to text or a button on your site.
When your popup form contains hidden fields, you need to add the URL query parameters to the URL of the website on which you're displaying the popup. The parameters will be automatically forwarded to the popup, and you will see them in your form submissions.