Send different emails based on form responses
By inserting variables in your email body and settings you can make them dynamic based on form responses.
✔️ Make every email field dynamic
✔️ Change the receiver based on responses
✔️ Send different emails based on responses
How it worksExamplesSend emails to different email addresses based on form responses Send different emails based on form responses
There are 3 types of form blocks that can be inserted in every email field. Simply type
@to get a dropdown of available form data:
- Input fields (form answers such as email or name)
- Hidden fields (e.g. traffic source)
- Calculated fields (variables based on form responses)
Let's say you would like to send an email to the sales, marketing, or HR team depending on a response to your contact form.
- Create a contact form and insert a .
- Name your calculated field (Recipient email), choose
textas value, and enter a default value ([email protected]).
conditional logicand define the logic
when your respondent chooses Sales as answer then assign the text [email protected] to your calculated field
- Repeat the same conditional logic for the other dropdown options and assign the correct email addresses for these departments.
- Go to
Form settingsand switch on Self email notifications
@to insert your calculated field in the
- Add a subject and make it dynamic by inserting form data. Insert input fields as you like to customize the email body.
- The email notification will look like this when the respondent selects Sales.
In the case of a quiz or a test, you might want to send a customized email based on the score or result of the respondent. Here's how it works:
- Create a quiz or get started with this template. Make sure you insert a calculated field to calculate the score of your quiz (as shown in the logic in the template) and an email input field to capture the email of the respondent.
- Insert another calculated field and name it (Quiz message). Choose
textas value and enter a message as default value (Congratulations!).
- Insert conditional logic and define the logic
when the score is lower than 15 (out of 30 in this example) then assign the text ’Bummer, try again’
- Go to
form settingsand enable Respondent email notifications
@to insert the respondent’s email in the
- Add a Reply to email address (optional) and a subject
- In the email body, type
@to insert the calculated fields Quiz message and Score. Select text to open the formatting options.
- Here’s how the email will look like when the respondents’ score is higher than 15.