When a respondent submits a form, they can be redirected to an external URL, which can be a Tally form or an external site. You can also pass submitted form data through the URL, which comes in handy when you want to pass information to another form or site.
Redirect on completion is free to use for all Tally users.
- Go to the form settings of your published form
- Switch on the toggle next to 'Redirect on completion'.
- Add a new web address of choice that will load once a respondent clicks the submit button at the end of your form.
Respondents don't see Thank you pages when you use Redirect on completion.
You can also use form data to create a dynamic redirect URL, based on responses or conditional logic.
@to get a dropdown with available data to add to your URL.
- Respondent ID: Unique identifier of a respondent across all forms of the same workspace
- Response ID: Unique identifier of a response
- Input fields
You can add form data as part of your URL path.
You can also add data as query parameters (and pre-fill them in another form):
You can add data to use as the entire URL:
You can use form data as the domain part of the URL:
This example uses a calculated field as a redirect value. We want to redirect respondents that choose "Pricing" to the landing page "acme.inc/pricing" and respondents that choose "News" to the landing page "acme.ince/blog" when they submit the form.
- Insert a
calculated fieldand name it (for example: URL).
Conditional logicand assign a URL based on your conditions.
- Go to form settings →
Redirect on completion, click or type
@and choose your calculated field from the dropdown menu.
4. Your form will now redirect respondents dynamically based on their responses.