Use our Slack integration to get notified when someone completes your Tally forms, and always stay up-to-speed with the latest form submissions.
You can send Tally form submissions in real-time to a Slack channel or a direct message, and fully customize your Slack message.
The Slack integration is available for free to all Tally users.
1. Connect to Slack2. Choose a channelPublic channelPrivate channelDirect message3. Customize your messageText formattingMentioning usersMentioning groups4. The result
1. Connect to Slack
You can find the Slack integration in the
Integrationstab of your published form.
Connectto set up the integration, you’ll be asked to
log in to Slackand allow Tally to access to your account.
2. Choose a channel
You can send Tally form submissions to a public channel, private channel or a direct message.
Open the dropdown menu to browse your Slack channels.
- Open your private channel in the Slack app.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the
Add an appand search for ‘Tally Forms’.
- In Tally, click the refresh button on the right of the channels dropdown to see the private channel.
- Open or create a group DM in Slack.
- Click the cluster of profile pictures in the top right corner.
Add peopleto this group DM.
- Type "Tally", and select the app from the list.
Goto create a new DM.
- In Tally, click the refresh button on the right of the channels dropdown to see the DM.
3. Customize your message
All Tally form submissions are inserted in your Slack message, by default. You can add or remove text and type
@to insert form data.
mrkdwnformatting options to structure your text or create useful visual highlights.
will produce bold text
will produce italicized text
will produce text as a block quote
To mention a user, you need to provide their user ID in the following syntax:
Hey <@U024BE7LH>, could you follow up?
You can retrieve a specific user's ID by clicking on the overflow button in their Slack profile, and choosing the
Copy member IDoption, as shown in the screenshot.
Text containing the user-mention syntax will be automatically converted to the display name of the user.
To mention a user group, you need to provide the group ID in the following syntax:
Hey <!subteam^SAZ94GDB8>, take a look at the submission.
!subteam^is a literal string that should not change, but
SAZ94GDB8from the example above, should be replaced with the actual user group ID.
You can retrieve a specific user group's ID from the URL shown when viewing its profile (highlighted here).
Text containing the user group mention syntax will be automatically converted to show the name of the user group.
4. The result
The default Slack message will look like the example below. Click
Open in Tallyto open your form in your Tally dashboard.
If your submissions are not being synced correctly, you can view the sync submission logs and their status by clicking 🕓 next to your integration connection.