Dear President Isaac Herzog:
We, Jews of the World, are appealing to you, out of our love for the State of Israel and what it stands for, as professed in its Declaration of Independence.
With heavy hearts, we are witnessing the following:
• Dismantling of judicial independence
• Deepening of the occupation and the elimination of the two states option, the most viable plan for long-term stability, peace and security for all in the region
• Undermining the rights of women and vulnerable minorities in Israel
• Destabilizing the Israeli economy
• Restricting Jewish pluralism and the rights of non-orthodox Jews, and as a result distancing Israel from Diaspora communities
Our hope is for a secure and peaceful future in Israel as a home for the Jewish people with equal rights for all its citizens.
View the letter in other languages: